Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Anna's First Birthday!

 photo ANNACOLLAGE_zps1fc01c5f.jpg 
 My littlest girl turned one today.  I remember the day she was born and how I couldn't believe that I was being blessed with another healthy, beautiful baby girl.  I couldn't believe how quiet she was those first few days!  She hardly made a peep, contrary to her sister who the nurses said was the smallest and loudest on our entire floor! This year, I have loved watching her develop her little personality and seeing her go through her milestones.  It's really interesting when you have a second child and realize just how different your children can be. 
Here are some things I want to remember about her first year:
  • She is now roughly 17 lbs and in the 15% percentile for height.  Tiny girl!
  • She sleeps from 8:30 to 6 and then cuddles with me in bed until big sister Rachel comes in and wakes her up!
  • Adores doing ANYTHING with Rachel, even being roughhoused! (that word looks weird to me LOL)
  • Loves ALL fruits, pancakes, yogurt, Nilla wafers, quesadillas and tolerates peas and corn. 
  • She started walking at 9 months and hasn't stopped RUNNING since!
  • She can say mama and dada, but mostly communicates through SCREAMING at the top of her lungs!  It's really fun to hear, especially in a store or a crowded restaurant!
  • Her favorite game is peek-a-boo and I think it's the cutest thing when she tries to put her hands over her eyes (but only puts them on her head) and makes a squealing noise.
  • I really enjoy watching her rush to her daddy to give him a hug when he gets home from work.

She's the sweetest little girl with the most infectious smile and we will be celebrating more when we go to Disney in a couple of weeks!  I love you my little Anna Banana! photo IMG_5359_edited-1_zpsf1ae319e.jpg

3 comments: